CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou

Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Catching up... Kindergarten, Football and The Upcoming Holiday


      So... I am horrible when it comes to trying to keep in touch with those who are long distance, or those down the road for that matter... I am hoping that I can commit to posting something at LEAST once a month! I swear!

     Most of you know that Joseph started kindergarten this year! :( Joseph's  first day of Kindergarten. The last day he'd ever be home with me 24-7. The first day of growing up, gaining independence. Needing me less. It's the day I'd been looking forward to for a long time. All those long afternoons home with the 3 kids thinking "I can't wait until they grow up and are in school and I can get some time for myself again." Yes, I'll have more "me" time one day. But there is time I can't ever get back too. Time you don't realize you've  taken for granted until days like these.

He's growing. He's going.
 
     There he is on day one, with his Superhero Squad backpack and Spiderman lunchbox. So excited.

     Jonathan and I took him to school. He'll ride the bus home. We were almost late due to traffic, so we pulled into an empty driveway (hoping they wouldn't come home and be angry we parked there), and walked the remainder of the way (less than one block!). We walk him across the street and I begin feeling my heart fill full of sorrow and pride, trepidation and excitement, all at the same time. It's funny what motherhood does to your heart.
     We walked into the classroom. The door had fish with all their names on it, very cute! The assistant teacher directed us to a floor mat and we took a family picture! I loved it! The teacher had pictures and crayons set out on the tables and Joseph just took off and started coloring!
     I, on the other hand, did not do great. My goal for the day was not to cry in front of him...and I did it! I held off until I walked out of the classroom and then lost it. Jonathan  stood there and gave me a big hug. I felt like a huge dork but saw several other teary eyed mommies in the hallway too.My little prince born just yesterday at 5 pounds, 1 ounce walked into Kindergarten like a big boy. I watched him from outside the classroom for just a minute. Too far to reach him, save him, hug him, hold him. But I knew he wasn't scared or sad. And, to my pride and my heart ache, he never once turned to look back. But it was nice to be up and dressed and ready for the day so early. We got home and I took the girls outside to play since it was still cool. I usually don't have it together enough to get outside when it's not 1000 degrees!
     It's a wonderful school, a warm and outgoing teacher,and a room full of sweet kids ,or so I thought. Bryce, a little BIG girl, decided to pull Joseph off of the monkey bars and give him a fat and bloody lip on the second week of school. Joseph has come home almost every day with a smiley face on his behavior chart and he is learning so much, he can even read a little!!!
     Whew! That was a lot for one day! So I will summarize the remainder of this entry. There, there, no tears. Here it is:
  • Joseph started football. My baby. Football. Full contact. Practice. Almost every day. Tackling. He is on the Vikings. Number 44, same as Forrest Gump, ironic maybe...  
  •  I know nothing about football! Nothing! But everytime I watch him play I get more and more excited and I scream at the kid that looses the ball or gives our team a penalty. 
  • I am going to start watching football so that I am not the only parent out there that has no idea what play they're doing.
  •  Yesterday Joseph was in our bedroom watching tv with Jonathan and I and he see's an iguana and asks "Mom. Is that a dinosaur?" What do you say? I just laughed and tried explaining what extinct meant.
  • Amaya came up to me the other day wearing her ball cap backwards and asks, "How do I look?" I of course replied with "You look gorgeous!" and being her confident self she says, "You sure are right Mom." Then yesterday she goes up to Jonathan and just stares, so he asks what she is doing and she replies with "I am just showing you how pretty I am!" Oh, three year olds!
  • Tressa is still shy and mommy-fied as ever. She's always in my lap with her blankey sucking on her thumb. She has been sick for two days now. Puked last night, but only once and not a lot! Better this morning.
  • Last night we all decided to give and get marker tattoos! I'm sure you'll be able to tell who gave which tattoo! I still have my washable, non-toxic tattoo this morning... 


  •  Saturday we finally started night time potty training the girls, again! They have worn Pull-ups every night to bed because they'll wake up soaked if not. Results so far: Sunday: Tressa stayed dry. Monday: Amaya stayed dry... Hopefully they'll both stay dry tonight and for the rest of all the tonights ever! 
  • Halloween is coming up! Joseph has decided to be a ghost; Amaya wanted to be a mermaid, but we could not find a "cute" mermaid, so we talked her into being a very cute lady bug! Tressa wanted to be Tinkerbell and we searched and searched for one that we like or that was in her size and had no luck, so she decided on Dora! No! Both Jonathan and I tried everything to persuade her into being the cute little bumble bee! But she was set on Dora! FINALLY and thankfully, we have found a Tinkerbell costume! Whew!
       I suppose that I have done enough rambling for today! I swear I will keep updated!

Love you all,
Jaclyn

 


     

No comments: